Friday, March 13, 2009

Ahoy there....

I can tell you one thing.
I grew up at the sea.
Most, infact, all of my childhood was at sea.
I really miss sailing right now.
I miss the smell of the salty air, the sound of the rushing waves.
The never ending view.
How the "ground" seemed to be rocking...
How I used to follow my father to the Wheel House (or Bridge) to watch him check the plotted charts..
How we climbed the stairway up and down everyday during mealtimes.
How we sat on the benches at night to watch the stars undisturbed by any buildings or trees in the way.
How everything was total darkness as we sat on that bench except for the moon and its beam reflecting on the waves.
How I could just look out and dream on in peaceful silence.
I even miss the familiar smell of petrol in the air at times.
Or the sound of the engine running when we go to the engine room.
The sound of the crew laughing.
The family time.
The big big portholes.
The visiting of different countries.
And how everything, the world, the internet, the whatever else that we see everyday, that we take forgranted off was far beyond our reach,we still live a very happy life aboard.
A refreshing and exposed one.

I miss the sea.

-Lara

3 clicks!:

Unknown

I miss it too!! =(

gills

wen u guys going back out 2 sea?

Lara

I don't know =( maybe never.. but I hope somehow one day =)