Wednesday, December 9, 2009

so Fuddy-duddy

I just thought this picture looked like a postcard. Then I just thought of how we don't really mail each other any more. I mean, as in there is just no need for it. Those that do mail each other has to make a choice to do it, not like how it used to be when one was without choice but to mail someone in order to send a message to someone separated by distance. Postcards are kind of cool. I have quite a stack with me. I collect them from everywhere I go. I remember when I mailed my cousin once, all the way from South Africa to Malaysia, and it practically took months to arrive. Probably more than three months! The mail only arrived when I myself came back home, to meet my cousin and watch her open the mail I had sent. That reminds me of patience people had to have 'those days'. We are kind of like instant youth right now. Eating instant noodles, mailing instantly, watching videos instantly, if only we could fit into a nice neat plastic package, we would be complete as an instant food. We are not very far from maggi mee. haha. We get impatient when an internet page takes more than a few minutes to load. Did it occur to you that an internet page didn't even exist not too long ago? Yeah just for thoughts. I'm no different. know that. ;)

2 clicks!:

C.V

'Instant Youth'- I like this, and I do wonder whether people still read real books, having a meal on the table, walk.
We just get so impatient in the current world.

Lara

Thanks. I am interested in my reader's opinion ;) That's true. Not many now, but I guess there are the handful still out there ;)