Thursday, November 25, 2010

Foam and Froth


The world reminds me of foam and froth. They hit, they come, they burst, they grow, then they simply disappear right back into the water, with little, then soon, no trace behind. Back, into the unchanging deep-blue vast expanse of water.

It's like everyone's taking a break at the end of the year with so many things are happening, and I'm going away. Which is kind of the coolest thing. I don't know why. I just feel it to be so. haha! Life on land is hectic, fast paced, with so many things going on. You know, we people have a lot of things that we don't actually need, but we have that want for it all the same.

Walking each day, it's so easy to take things for-granted and just go with the flow. A good hit on the cheek is good to wake you up, right back into reality. Complacency is just not what God needs now in a world foaming about. Pride kills you to bits I tell you. It's the best way to make yourself blind. Let's just say I haven't been all productive about things, and haven't been happy about it.

I'm halve hearted actually, apart of me wants to stay, and apart of me cannot wait to go. I thought about it, and going back to living simply and away from all, makes me realize that those years I had spent at sea, I would not trade it for anything else. Not one bit. Even if you had offered me a million dollars (Actually I wouldn't mind that 'coz I could still spend that on a boat and sail around the world, etc. hahaha). Life at sea may be simple. But not in any way boring. Why? You learn to be happy with simple things. You learn to make do with what you have, and also to be thankful of each and everyday. With little distractions, you can focus on the things you do. There's more, but I wouldn't want to spoil it for you =)

And here I am, sitting in this room of mine. This is temporary. I pick up my bags to go, and this too is temporary. It's the life you live in that makes a difference, in others, and in you. Will that live on forever? .
I'm not completely sure,

But it's worth finding out. =)

2 clicks!:

rach

i like this post. i love a slower paced life and really miss it too. i grew up wanting to experience life out at sea- on board the Doulos! it will have to be Logos Hope now [or your dad's.. :P]have fun out at sea!

Lara

Thanks Rach! I'm glad i've got a companion who likes a slower paced life too! =)It would be cool if we couldve sailed together! maybe one day =) do go for Logos! =)
thanks, you take care!