Jelly-fish
As most of you would have known, I was stung by a jellyfish last week. It wasn't a simple thing, and I did lay in tremendous pain for a day and a night just hoping there wouldn't be signs of any reactions which would need me to rush off to the hospital in emergency. I had two injections, and was prescribed antihistamines, but the pain was something that painkillers, would not take away, In fact, it isn't a light thing to have the doctor tell more than three times to you that you could die if quick action were not taken. Laying there not knowing was like a mental jellyfish sting.
Where did I get stung? All over my left arm from a little above my elbow down to the back of my hand, the calf of my left leg, and the knee of my right leg. As if one spot wasn't enough. I counted the lashes I had, and all together, I had more than twenty lashes or lines on my body. That meant that the jellyfish must have been terribly long, had many tentacles, or I simply was in the midst of a school of jellyfish. What's even worse was that because a jellyfish sting is meant to paralyze its prey, my limbs felt heavy, numb, and yet pain was running all over my body. You felt like running away from the pain but your limbs would not take you to run, nor would it do any good to run.
When I first got stung. The welts on my arm were so visible that many bystanders asked me what it was, and a lady across the road asked me to go to the clinic (nice of her). The boy taking care of the toilet didn't even talk to me when I talked to him. He simply stared at my arm in return to my questions.
I rushed to the clinic as soon as I could. A friend of mine was there to drive me, and when the doctor looked at my arm, he sighed, tapped the table with his pen a few times, then gave me a prescription. I do have to thank my friend Cathy for talking to the nurse and asking her to let me visit the doctor earlier and not wait.
There were many things I am thankful about. Firstly, would be the fact that my mother insisted that I carry a bottle of vinegar to the beach. Secondly, would be my friends who did not abandon me when I needed them, and they followed me, all seven of them to the clinic. Thirdly, would be the fact that I didn't have an allergic reaction to the toxins, and died. I am lastly thankful that none of my other friends were affected by the sting.
(My friend Kings, got stung on his hand, but I am grateful that it was minor and it eased off in a few hours. If you are reading this, thank you for being there.)
I am not proud of myself for being stubborn, for my father did tell me to wear long sleeves and long pants to the beach. If I had been a sweet obedient child, I would have been free of days of pain.
Yet, I know that factors are not the ones that was my healer and saved my life. In fact, factors were brought to me only by the one who can ordain them. I refused the first warning, but still, God caused a second solution for me, the vinegar. Had my mother not insisted on the vinegar, I could have had things worse. It was entirely the grace of God that saved me, and never had his grace seem this way. The fact that God would still bring his grace upon me despite my iniquities and human nature, shows the ever redeeming love that he has. It reminds me of the love he has for us despite our sin.
0 clicks!:
Post a Comment